View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3187127)   #25
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Ratel said the track is too big for TV purposes.
Aside from the fact that the 'parts needed' debate is a weird one (pretty sure MVDS, Black Falcon, Haribo, WRT etc used the same cars for both), that comment on TV can't be true? If so, it sums up what's wrong with thinking sometimes. I can think of numerous reasons why it wouldn't be suitable or preferred, but that being one of them is sad. Especially as I was under the impression that BES is mainly run for privateers and gents.

That note aside, I can see the series taking a plummet down towards realistic grid numbers this year, much less than the garage-bursting numbers of last year. National series seem to be back on the rise in some quarters and I can see a few of the major teams giving this one a miss. We already know we're down 4 AF Corse cars and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few more join them.

Hoping Marc VdS are back, but fear that, even if they are, they'll struggle without an adequate replacement for the rounds Martin'll miss; hopefully BMW will help them out with a decent name, someone like Nico Bastian, or they unearth another gem in Belgium.

Hope to see the Bentley join in a round or two at the end too!