Thread: GRD 372 and 374
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1063434)   #15
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 5 of these cars over here.

Two in Australia , both owned by the Norton brothers in Northern N.S.W.
Both are devoid of chassis plates , both appear to be extremely original F3 cars , and correspondence from Classic Team G.R.D. Mr. Ekkehard Krause in Germany suggest one may be 373-053-F3, the engine in this car is an originall GRD unit that has been with the car since purchase from the U.K. 1985 , Numbers are , Block CBB599 , and Cylinder head BVBH,GRD, 293 F3.
The other Norton car is unknown .

Via my business , I sold gearbox components to a New Zealand man , who advised he had 3 GRD F3 cars , purchased from S.E. Asia a few years ago , which either had/were being used as driving school cars , no other details known to myself.
According to the Classic Team GRD correspondence , the car in the Donnington Museum is not the ex Roger Williamson car , but a replica built up by GRD and presented to Donnington for their assistance, and the actual Williamson car was for sale in Ireland some time later.

Also advised was the fact that GRD built some very sophisticated simulators mouted on trailers for fun fairs etc. and these used proper components and overlife tubs etc.

Sorry about lack of hard information in the way of chassis numbers.
One of the Norton cars was purchased by Mr. Andy MacGregor from the U.K. before resale to Bill Norton.

Bryan.