View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2930324)   #370
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
"The new generation cars will run the same engine specs as the current cars, with Ford engines in Ford cars and Holden engines in Holden cars. There is the option of some new generation engines becoming available but they are unlikely to be eligible until the 2012-13 championship season, with appropriate parity restrictions.”

That's what I was talking about as a rush-job. Engines are half the issue I think.

Anyway, best of luck to them, it's a long time overdue but I know where I will be going when race time comes around...
I was told way back, when the "Ceprnich NZV8" was on the drawing board, (before it was "plucked") that the intention was to run the existing engines and brakes. This was to help offset the cost of the new car, by utilising some good components from the existing cars. Someone who is in the know will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but that was my understanding of the situation.

Must admit though, if I was given the choice of a Paul Ceprnich designed car, vs. a Derek Mitchell designed car then it would be no contest, one of them is designed by a race car engineer with some serious credentials to back it up, the other was designed (I use that word loosely here) by a panelbeater.