View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2003, 10:11 (Ref:793774)   #12
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus yard, 275GTB? Are you older than me? IIRC, Ian had let the Lotus agency go by the early seventies. Suzuki and 4WD yard after that until around 1990, I guess - and that side of Parramatta Road is Haberfield. You're right about Gladesville. That yard near Monash Road was Leo's, and sold mainly Peugeots and other Euro stuff.

After watching the Geoghegans for many years through the 60s and 70s, I met Ian in the late 80s when he lived at Epping and I lived at Eastwood. I met him when I was walking my dog past his house in Yaraan Avenue. I couldn't resist talking to the man who had been a hero during my teen years. It was funny talking to him as an equal. He was reticent and quiet, but we started bumping into each other around the place, and he'd wave when we saw each other in traffic.

I'm well aware of that court case, GTR, but all of us are flawed human beings, and I don't know what purpose it serves to mention it in the days after his funeral. His wife and family stood by him during and after the case, which says something about how they regarded him, and the whole matter. I think we should leave the matter to die with him.