View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4168098)   #2
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
On my newly rebuilt car i have been told i am losing fuel on roundabouts when the tank is quite full, the tank is baffled but the breather is on the left hand side of the tank, i am doing a track day next week so need to find a fix. I have taken the breather pipe up about a foot and kinked the top of it with a cable tie as it loops back down and out under the car but that has not helped. I am looking at the various fuel valves but can`t get a definitive answer from any of the suppliers that it would work in the way i need it, i.e air in but no fuel out. I think that maybe a roll over valve might work but would there be a possibility of fuel getting the wrong side of the moving `ball` and thus stopping the air getting in? Anyone solved this issue and if so how did you do it? I don`t want to have to replace the whole tank, there must be a simpler way. This is the valve i am now looking at, thought appreciated.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174205079...Bk9SR5CdyJWpYg
Those breather valves do work , if you run them verticle high above the tank then turn the pipe back down and out through the floor .
But long term they can give problems . So what I have always done is to just use a breather pipe up from the tank as high as possible , then 2 horizontal loops which go beyond the edge of the tank out to the front and sides , then down out through the floor .Not always easy , depending on space around the tank , but it does mean that however the car sits , or finishes up , there is a loop above the level of the fuel in the tank .