View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3236340)   #4340
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
No problem. Many (including you, Dario911 and myself) have interpreted TF110's statements in completely different ways.

TF110 seems to forget that we rely on the context to interpret his vague, ambiguous statements. And then he makes us look stupid for doing so

First, there was the "over a second faster" claim. Although he made that claim in his first post in the Silverstone 2013 topic, we magically had to understand that he was not referring to Silverstone at all, but rather to some moments during some other WEC races (i.e., Sao Paulo, Bahrain, Shanghai).

That is the comparable to stating (in the Silverstone 2013 topic) that Toyota had a higher top speed than Audi last year, and afterwards arguing that this claim refers to Le Mans
If you assume things and rely on your assumption of what you read as gospel you're setting yourself up for a letdown if it doesn't mean what you think. If you don't understand what I'm saying or the context perhaps you could ask what I mean instead of trying to infer I meant something which you feel is what I was saying. Maybe I don't come across clear enough, so if you want the context I will explain what I meant. If I say last year they were a second faster and you assume I mean a specific race that's not my problem. That's reading between the lines for something that's not there. I didn't say "Silverstone" they were one second faster. You inferred that, you added that. Because that's what you wanted my statement to mean so you could try to prove me wrong? That's how I fell, and that's looking for an argument. Just because it was in the "Silverstone race" thread doesn't mean I was speaking directly about that specific race last year. If I was, I would have said that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
Its just TF110 once again justifying the TS030 is the greatest machine ever built my mankind.

Thanks gwyllion for also noticing I'm not the only one who saw his posts and trying to back me up!
This is another statement that proves what I was saying. When you dig so hard to find that gold but all you get is sand, it's time to find another profession. you keep reaching bud, but there's nothing to grab!

Last edited by TF110; 18 Apr 2013 at 20:06.