Thread: Rumours Active Suspension ....
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3393411)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also suspect that this is a straw man proposal to get things moving on the overall cost cap discussion. I don't know the details, but I assume the cost cap discussion have focusing primarily around pure monetary caps.

But since there seems to be no traction on getting an agreement, maybe they have taken a different tack and are now focusing on specific regulatory elements that result in standard/homologated parts that are shared by all teams (i.e. everyone is not spending money to build different versions of the same thing). I think I have already read somewhere that this active suspension idea also would include some level of standard parts.

I guess either approach might work (regarding cost reduction). However, I am not a fan of regulatory changes that make the box smaller as to potential solutions. I am also not a fan of standard parts that potentially impact the character of the car. Depending upon how they do this, that may include the active suspension. An example of something that might work would be something like a standardized starter motor, if it resulted in real savings.

Richard