View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1550522)   #41
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
I was there in 1990 as a newbie marshal working on Sherlock Street (I think!). We had a huge TVR Tuscan incident - he bounced off the armco on both sides (including knocking back the flag point which was up in the air on scaffolding) before landing right by us. As we helped him over the barrier the poor guy was nearly in tears - it was a new car. I don't think I impressed him by pointing out that the mirror in the middle of the track looked pretty undamaged!

I was stood on top of the Flag Point when that happened - quite exciting I only went to the last one but I do remember having a brilliant time. The other abiding memory is of waiting for the Barbazza / Irvine battle to arrive into sight and seeing something flash across the end of the street, it was Barbazza proceding (quickly!) to the scene of the accident. Pity as it was his best F3000 drive. Also remember how easy it was to get away from the circuit at the end of the meeting. Fantstic.