View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2603178)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Leon is a great all round choice. Cheaper to run than the Impreza and nearly as much fun.

I would advocate searching around for a good UK model relatively unmolested Impreza to test drive - you might instantly fall in love! (I'm on my 7th Subaru... )As long it's a UK car (not Jap import), hasn't been mucked about with too much (an exhaust and brake upgrade would be nice), and has a fully stamped dealer service history then it should give you utterly bombproof reliability. Quite a bit of choice at 5 grand too. I would also suggest looking for a really nice MkI (around Y reg) rather than the MkII, and if it's anywhere near 60k miles make sure the 60k service has been done.