View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2965533)   #32
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You think that's a bold statement? Then you've missed a lot of Flash's statements, but that's understandable since he has pretty much only talked in Swedish media. He has said that only one series (TTA or STCC) will survive, and TTA is not going to be other than a success. No further comment needed.

TTA can probably become a good championship, but Flash's statements has led to a lot of people having very high hopes (including me). I'm afraid every failure during 2012 will get highlighted in media because of their general "we are best" approach. TTA has contributed to the war between STCC AB by putting pressure on the track owners. They've pretty much said that if you want SRL/TTA to race on your track, than you must say no to STCC AB in a written agreement. TTA wants exclusive rights. I wouldn't be suprised if they have some sort of agreement for new teams joining TTA (like how they are not allowed to race together with STCC, either in STCC itself or any support races). This last thing is only what I believe and hasn't been leaked, but I wouldn't be suprised if there was such an agreement.

That's how infected this debate is in and also a hint of how low people can go in our poor little country. TTA would have been a great concept if it wasn't for all the dirty tactics involved. Not saying that STCC AB has been much better either...