View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2024, 04:38 (Ref:4190721)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Huh - and I thought Stirling was a competent rally driver
.....and also had a fine record as a rally driver: he won three Alpine Rally Gold Cups and came second in the 1952 Monte

Not many people know that

Lancs. There was snow on the ground and the speed looked quite awesome, having seen the V16 in period many times I was very impressed by the video, but then Stirling was beyond mortal. Never being 'in to' rallying, I consider their skill equal to any circuit racer, and having had a couple of passenger rides with some pretty big names on Media days, I know I would not care to try it myself.

I ached for days afterwards.