Old 3 Jul 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3273350)   #13
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
I have one question.
If there is going to be a World Rallycross Championship, where does this leave the European and Global/X Games Championships?
IMHO there are not enough competitors out there with the necessary funding to have three top line international series.
That's the thing. Not enough drivers do. My dad, who I think has the experience of very few in rally and rallycross, has talked about this. The guys who will afford this will be factory backed. Drivers who has to build there own team in today's rallycross won't have a chance against cars like Ken Block's Fiesta or Doran's factory MINI RX. It'll be to expensive. Just look at the WRC. How many private cars stand a chance towards the factory cars? Or how many does even stand a chance against Volkswagen? They seriously freezed the development programme because they were so far ahead.

Of course rallycross deserves all the attention it can get (best motorsport there is) but in the future which privateer can afford it, running a team like today? Unless they are really rich and wealthy of course, like Marklund for example