View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3738332)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Ironically, I forget who it was who put the move on Vandoorne. The only clean overtake of the race, but it frightened Stefan straight into the wall. The sole redeeming feature of the race was that it was Monaco.
That was Pérez and I thought Vandoorne made it look like he was distracted into the wall. Did he leave too much room and get off the grippy line or outbrake himself? I need to see that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Horses for courses. Personally, I watch to see a race. Cars following each other around at speed, no matter how expertly, just doesn't ring my bell.
Even in Monaco, though, there is still often the possibility of a move. Mansell all over the back of Senna in 1992 is viewed by many (but of course not all) as a great battle and I can't say it would have been seen as such if it had been thought that Mansell had no chance at all.

It could do with more moves, though. Still, Pérez put a move on Vandoorne into Turn 1. Barcelona wasn't far from full of overtaking, but was seen as a very good race due to the intense and race-long Hamilton and Vettel duel.

Last edited by Born Racer; 3 Jun 2017 at 15:07.