Thread: Test day upsets
View Single Post
Old 13 May 2002, 07:41 (Ref:284640)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry that I missed the debates for last week...

My impressions :
- the track : definitely wonderful when you're in front the new curve (downhill)... what fights we have here ! I really changed my mind about that
- the cars : what to say about the Panoz results (BTW in comparaison with Courage i.e.) ? Major deception for me. The others were all wonderful ! We expected a lot from Dallara and MG, and... they are here ! And how ! The Pesca is a major deception... but remember MG last year... I can't wait to see the first laps this year : I really want a FIGHT between Audi, Dallara, Bentley, MG... oh boy, it's gonna be fast !
- I'm really stupid about the lap times : when I heard the results lap by lap on RLM, I couldn't believe what I heard... and we leaved the track so early... when I saw the results on internet (at Interlaken, an internet cabin in a street that stolen me 4 SF/minute !), I was jumping ! The Porsche was roaring after that, you can believe me !
- PQ : it was definitely worst it ! For the first time I went at Ayse favourite point of view (Welcome), and we made a trip by foot ALL AROUND the points where you can see the track... not too much crowd, easy to eat something... wainting for the next PQ ! (I'm kidding...)
- the GTS : Ferrari killed the Corvette stars , but they won't hold 24 hours...
- LMP 675 : who after MG ? Will they make it 24 hours ? Not sure, but we need another great team in this category... the Mugen Panoz should be here...
- GT : where is the Callaway (sob & sight) ? Spyker was nice, Morgan was... mmmm...
- I had forgotten how good is the short straight between La Chapelle and Tertre Rouge : we're so close from the cars ! And good view on the stability entering the Hunaudières ( don't forget I'm french !) straight... Audi and Dallara really the best here... Panoz catastrophic... Maranello impressive

I've got so much to say... let's keep some for next threads !