View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2373217)   #40
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to a report in today's paper, Taupo are still trying to negotiate a future for A1GP. My guess is that it is a tad too early for Hampton Downs this year, and the rulings of the environment court were that no large meetings could be held until the traffic management at smaller meetings was deemed successful, so it would make sense to delay A1GP at HD for a season.

The owners of HD were prepared to extend their 'back road' towards Meremere drag venue, and that could then be linked to the state highway to form a one way traffic system of immense value to both venues.

Unfortunately, Transit NZ (the government's traffic authority) was one of just two objectors (the other was also a government department) energetically and expensively trying to thwart the circuit, and the money wasted could have resolved any and all roading issues with cash to spare.

Sorry that Muscle Cars have been stung with a $700 entry fee, but the Classic meeting at Pukekohe has 250 plus entries and the entry fee is at normal rates, so that is where I'll be!