View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2014, 03:42 (Ref:3396490)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it probably is something like that.

lots of people really hate BE these days and while he probably deserves every bit of that anger i also get the sense that dismissing his ideas is becoming a little too fashionable.

granted this idea would cost a fortune and likely to never happen but i still think its an amazing concept and lets say it goes ahead in a limited only in Europe type way as a pre show to the main event, then i for one would try to save my money so that i could attend.

really im in favour of any suggestions aimed at adding more value for those in attendance.
I actually liked the concept of the Masters GP concept and was disappointed it didn't go further but the reality about Bernie's pie in the sky scheme is what is he intending to do?
Run his personal collection with a bunch of former GP drivers as a support categories for GP's, say in Europe alone.
He would have to find how many? 16? Are people really interested in paying to watch Emerson F, Mansell, Heidfeld, Brundle, Wurz, and others scoot around at 90% of pure potential?

Find the sponsorship if he is using his own collection, or contract the teams if he is using their old cars... Some of the drivers may relish the thought of running a McLaren or an ex Schumi Ferrari but does anyone want to run an old Minardi, or Simtek, or Onyx or Dallara?
Running older engines that are depending on out of production parts is not a great idea either.

So maybe he was floating ideas about teams running their 2012-2013 cars to get the noise back to excite the fans, or just winding up the current teams and discontent promoters.....

Last edited by Teretonga; 22 Apr 2014 at 03:48.