View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3423573)   #216
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We didn't have very much difficulty at any time getting to Arnage and Mulsanne. We did Mulsanne on Wednesday night, Arnage on Thursday night and then both during the race (about 1 am and 5 am respectively). Wouldn't have tried it during the early part of the race though. Interestingly, we had no problem at all getting into the first car park at Arnage on both occasions and I don't think we even showed our Mulsanne/Arnage ticket at Arnage - but we had to produce it both times at Mulsanne. It was quite clear that we weren't getting in without it (although I guess another parking pass may have been sufficient).

As to hotel to track, it depends how far removed your hotel is! Most days we had no problems although I recall that it was fairly jammed along the road behind the stands on one of the days. It wasn't as busy getting in on race day as we'd been led to expect, even though we didn't get there until about 10.45 am.

Getting out after the race was more painful than usual. Even though we were very quickly out, we headed towards Arnage as that has often been quicker than going the more direct route. (Our record is being back to our hotel in 38 minutes from the flag at the end of the race). This time we were held up by traffic coming out of MB campsite, mostly caused by a complete muppet of a gendarme who had no idea what he was doing and gave up and walked away to have a chat with his mates. By this time the traffic had built up and we took just over an hour to get back.
I hope to find an hotel in Arnage/Mulsanne or a B&B. So is the general entry ticket enough to go everywhere, grandstands excluded? And for the car, you need a parking ticket for each place you go? Is there room to park your car during the race if you move from one point to another?