View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3052137)   #528
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
btw i really enjoyed today's race, it felt a bit like 2005 when there where quite a good amount of privateers with different weapons (Zytek, Pescarolo, Audi etc...) challeging for the win and a nice pack of midfielders ready to get a podium spot, honestly i liked this even better than last years ILMC! i hope that the series will have a bright future and i think that maybe we just need some more competitive GTE cars to come on the market at a good price, otherwise they should make some good promotion for the "GTC" class.

I think that there where very few people who knew that they could race 1000kms with 997 cup cars!!! this is clearly a transition year but i can't see why the series should stop, competition is great, LMP2 have become (finally!) true turn-key customer cars and you really need something between VdeV and WEC, imho.
If they can maintain the LMP2 entry over the full season, and hang on to most of those teams for next year, and do something about the GTE issue, then I agree they've got a chance of making a go of this.
I'm still surprised by the meltdown in FLM/LMPC numbers though...