View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3318058)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see McLaren as an underachieving team. Perhaps it's not fair because they still achieve a lot (a reliable Grand Prix winner since 1997) and those last few tenths are always the most difficult ones to find. Nonetheless, any organisation has to be extremely well-oiled if they are be run well by committee and I see McLaren a bit like a committee team, in the way that Toyota were criticised for. Otherwise they need to just let a few leaders lead. I don't know their structure, but I've been led to believe this is the way they do things and the right change in that regard could be just the ticket they need for championship success.

Look at the autonomy Newey is given at Red Bull. That seems to have bore golden fruit.