View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3440039)   #1353
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
You said "run behind factories". So either youre implying that the wec needs them to survive, or the series is geared towards them. I countered both points. You blame bop when I just said the same thing. So youre agreeing with me. Theres no argument needed between us. We should remember Rebellion was only in its second race with the R One, no one expected them to be doing anywhere close to the works lmp1's. 800kg now, larger fuel tanks, faster refuelling, more fuel flow... it looks like theyre catering to them a lot more than years past.

Theres teams wanting to do lmp1, but held off due to the diesel favortism. Its a much more approachable set of rules now. The problem isnt factory cars. Or having mostly those teams. Who makes the GT's? Who makes the lmp engines? It aint privateers As for the 'No hybrid', its mostly because the lack of expertise in that area and lack of competitive off the shelf packages. Imo, 800kg with unlimited fuel flow sounds great. Should be like old lmp2 in the alms.