View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1647457)   #14
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Once again, a great meeting from the HSCC,
although the BRDC Historic sports and The Derek Bell Trophy grids were a little sparce(what happened to all the F1 cars that were at Brands). I think if Judy Lyons had managed to finish the race, she would have got the cheer of the day, especially after the problems she was having with the gear box.
Marshals at Sena (pit straight) gave their driver of the day award, on Saturday, to John Chisholm, in the Jaguar XK race, for his great drive from the back of the grid to finish second, and nearly win.
On Sunday our crew moved to Riches and Matthew Watts would have got our vote, winning both the HSCC Classic racing car races, if it hadn't been for the Historic Saloon car race at the end. Jonathon Comm had a great battle for the lead in his Lotus Cortina, only just losing out to Les Ely in his BMW, but for sheer entertainment, especially at Riches, our driver of the day vote went to Roger Ebdon in his Morris Mini Cooper.
Thanks to all and see you at Silverstone.