View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3393777)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
I think the key point here is that it was an easy way to get people into the sport. It's a small sample but throughout last year loads of people on twitter were wondering what to do on non F1 race weekends or interested after saying Le Mans and the stream was an easy way (and free) was for them to assess the quality of the series. I know quite a few of those I suggested it too are going to Silverstone this weekend. If they had not had the ability to watch for free I doubt they would be going.
that's very true - i suppose my point was more that the casual fan isn't going to sit in front of the computer for the full 6 hours in the same way a hardcore fan would do. it's not like f1 in that a casual fan will watch a full race because it's not a significant time investment.

in this case i guess a casual fan is someone who probably isn't going to follow the details ins and outs of the 6 hour race, but who wants to go and see the cars and watch a race unfold.

slightly off-topic, but are those people you know going for the full 3 days, or just sunday?