Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2015, 00:15 (Ref:3498141)   #565
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
That sounds promising. I have a 1 year old, and I would love for him to look at racing the same way I did growing up. But watching F1 on TV now, I fear that's not possible for him.

I was lucky enough to attend the New Zealand Festival of Motorsport last weekend where there we 6 old F1 cars, most demonstrating on track. They were from several decades, spanning a couple of BRM V12's, a 90's Ferrari V12, two early 2000's Arrows V10's and a Judd V8 from the early 90's that sadly wasn't able to run. One thing I did say to a friend of mine at the event is that I wasn't sure you could put a single 2014 spec F1 car out on track and hold the same level of audience/spectator attention as what these cars did. I just don't know if the children would walk away knowing they had seen something special. But as I say, I live in hope, and my young fella and I will no doubt attend a Grand Prix in time, if he holds enough interest in it.
Your one year old son is not aware of F1 previous to him attending his first race, so it does not matter does it ...