View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2015, 14:26 (Ref:3573379)   #7281
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How reliable are this rumours though? I haven't seen anything being reported on DSC or S365. Honestly it would be perfect solution for me as long as it's sustainable. Current GT cars are way too slow. Production variants of the same cars are so much more powerful that given a proper slick racing tire they could possibly match or even beat them on a high speed track like Le Mans.

GT Am for me is absolute waste of a class from a viewers perspective. The cars are the same as GT Pro, just with AM drivers. Also a lot of the accidents that happen through the season are caused by them. The problems we had with slow zones in Le Mans this year were all coming from GTE Am cars IIRC.

LMP2 need more power no doubt about it. Seeing how irrelevant the P1-L class is and how similar the Oreca 05 and The R-One are i don't see any problem P1-L becoming the new P2 or we remove P2 and we are left with just P1-H and P1-L.

Speeding up the GT cars and P2s would also reduce the need to clamp down on the P1-H on safety grounds. F1 cars are also set to go much quicker in 2017, so i don't see any problem with the P1s getting quicker.