View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3573640)   #7285
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
All they need is to "copy" aero and engine configuration of the GT500 cars… and then we will have under LMP2 lap times…
Even more important than these two things is the weight. Without driver, GT500 weights 1030kg while GTs are ~200kg heavier.

I'm curious to see by how much the GTs of next year will improve, given their better aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
F1 cars are also set to go much quicker in 2017, so i don't see any problem with the P1s getting quicker.
ACO's concern was never related to F1. FIA, though, very likely don't want to see their dear series(afterall, it always has been the goose that lays the golden eggs for them) lose it's defining and characteristical element of having the lowest laptimes of all vehicles. Without any regulation changes, LMP1s threatens to become the fastest racing cars by 2017(it would need a 4s/year improvement and Audi still have a long way to go on energy storage alone, for instance). I have not followed F1 news this year(so, correct me if I'm wrong) but, from what I heard, these are just proposed changes. At least my understanding was that the hammer was not down, yet.

Even if these changes don't come up in F1, ACO will almost certainly slow the LMP1s down next year, as 3.15 has been stablished as a benchmark of safety at Sarthe.