View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3757922)   #17
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
"Terrible. Awful circuit. Dreadful cars. Idiot drivers.", " Snorefest.", "it was a bit ho-hum.", "Watching paint dry!", "not a great race".
I must have watched a different race. or, I guess I'm old school and need less than just fluff to see some good driving and engineering (maybe there should be BoP-ing in F1. The opening wings aren't enough for some, apparently)

"With the Halo next year,I think I will give up on F1 ,as I find FormulaE quite entertaining!!!"
See ya!!! I think that says it better than my comment above. Spec, that's the answer, eh? Like IndyCar. A wonderful, choreographed "show" for the masses.

The race had suspense throughout. An 8 from me, 9 & 10 reserved for the (hopefully) very few times happens what those above expect from every race to fulfill that need for immediate satisfaction. Yes, saved for those very special moments that happen ever so rarely.
If it were so every weekend, what would be the challenge, the excitement?

jimclark