View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2003, 21:33 (Ref:739846)   #6
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the problem?

Current regs say 420kg for the car. This is hardly fair if you then have a 17yr old driver of 55kg against the likes of myself (90kg plus kit). An overall weight is better and will allow lighter cars like RF90s to be EVEN more competitive. 500kg for car/driver sounds MUCH, MUCH better and fairer.

The tyres is to allow more people to run, ie. if your car is in Euro or Historic/Classic ACB9 set-up you would be able to run it without buying new wheels, tyres and having a totally different set up.

The class structure seems fine. I'm confident my Swift SC 94 could beat a post-95 car (Zetec) with their very wide pods etc. The only thing I'm not sure about is a pre-90 class and a pre-87 class - seems a bit close together and the 89s are damn quick cars anyway.

Perhaps they mean Combe will stick at pre-90 and the others will stick at pre-87. Are these regs for some sort of National series?

So, what's the problem?