View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2002, 22:06 (Ref:329811)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Arrived a bit early on circuit, so got roped into driving the van to drop off the bottles around the circuit. Several other marshals are roped in to help, so I grabbed the driving seat and we set off... So we've this rather knackered van with a LOAD of bottles and marshals in it, and we set off.

D4, first stop, drop off powder, foam, etc. and all is well.

D5, drop off powder, foam, drive off and Pat falls out the back of the van. Shouts, swearing, brakes, Pat gets back in the van.

D10, drop off powder, foam, all bundle back into van, someone (could have been Pat but he denies it) sits on a powder and OOOPS, no pin! So now the van is like "The Ever Popular Marshals Snow Dome". And it's one of these bottles with an iffy valve. It keeps spitting powder when anyone goes near it. Quick in-van conference and JH comes up with the brilliant idea... "Let's just fling it out on the bank and the I/O at D10 can deal with it!!!!"

So it's thrown up on the bank (still p*ssing powder now and again) and we all bundle into the van. Pat does not fall out this time!

Driving away and the thought occurs to me... "Who's out on D10 today as IO?" and all I hear from the back of the van is JH going "Ahh.... bugger!"

Apparently every time he went near it for the rest of the day it p*ssed a little more powder on him.

Last edited by MagnetON; 8 Jul 2002 at 22:11.