View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2282822)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Your question might kick start a Archive/chassis numbers thread if there isn't one already!

If this is a '93 car then Cleland and perhaps Allam would've driven it new. I seem to recall Ian Khan and Ian Ashley both raced second hand early build RML Cavaliers in the BTCC in '94 and '95.

If,as I suspect,that is the Cavalier as opposed to Vectra,I think it is more than likely I was involved in the fabrication of the Shell and Suspension components,it is certainly not one of the 93/94 cars,they had a panel welded into the front bulkhead where the heater should be,used to be a 5mm flange all around it.We changed that in 94/95,looked a lot tidier and smoother.Certainly the Air jacks look very familiar.Do you have any close up shots of the rear interior? if so, I could tell you more.The central tunnel [exhaust]should run front to back with cruciform tubing welded to the floor/cage mounts etx.