View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2333176)   #13
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
It would be insulting if V8's are not a support race. I know it's huge in Australia but A1GP is a global series with top drivers that will be promoting Australian tourism around the world.

It's is great news, and makes me wonder if all the recent doom and gloom has been a bit unjustified. I know the delay with the car was disappointing but as with Ferrari, I am sure the Queensland Govt. would have done some homework on A1GP's financial background before agreeing such a long term deal.
Kiwi. I agree totally. However in past V8 Supercars have declined support status to F1, this year being paid a lot of money to support. They were paid as the year they ran without V8's the attendance figures did not make the event viable. Not sure of their attitude to A1, but would image they will be looking for a lot of money(which I hope Queensland Govt would pay). Would be very good if they were there as it would help to promote formula cars in OZ.. ie Clipsal V8 round attracts loads more fans than Aust GP.(maybe double!)