View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3059754)   #7
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
......but for me anyway i prefer cockpit view,seems more immersive,sure youll know what i mean,with you doing sim racing yourself.......
I know exactly what you mean, but it's not as simple as that. When you are racing a closed car for real you don't really "see" the inside of the car at all. Your attention is so focused on the track ahead that you aren't actually aware of the the car except for your key instruments. These you either glance at regularly or just keep track of in your periferal vision. You certainly don't "see" your steering wheel or the A-pillars, you simply see past them. Personally I find the most realistic "simulation view" of what it's like actually to go racing is a bonnet view cam the the instruments as a "head up" display. Besides which, I defy anyone who uses an in-car view to do a simulator drive through the mountain section of Bathurst in a saloon and have any idea where the corners are!