Old 16 Aug 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1383250)   #22
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
Superkarts are faster again than both ARC and V8Supercar - but do you consider them karts or cars?

Whether or not I think they are real racing cars is irrelevant. Your opinion of my opinion is also irrelevant. It is up to the individual to make up their own mind.
Oops - sentence got removed - second attempt

Superkarts are faster again than both ARC and V8Supercar - but do you consider them karts or cars?

Whether or not I think they are real racing cars is irrelevant. Your opinion of my opinion is also irrelevant. It is up to the individual to make up their own mind.

But it does need pointing out that by their construction, and the technical regulations of the class, really they are not racing cars by any existing descripton. Hence the dodgem analogy. They, along with the technically similar Future Racers, are probably a new kind of vehicle somewhere between Groups 1 & 3.

And if I can add some more comments. I notice for state level racing purposes they are a kind of invited (ie Formula Libre) Sports Car. Indeed Dominator have recently built a Falcon bodystyled knock-off of an ARC, or so I'm led to believe.

Yeah 60 odd ARC's around now. There was but 1 FJ Holden at the Qld Raceway round though. That's kinda pushing the '4 bodystyle' statement.

And calling them Fords and Holdens is a kind of fallacy when really the closest manufacturer is Yamaha. They should all be referred to as Yamahas. To suggest that they are Fords and Holdens is to suggest you could put numbers plates on V8Supercars and drive them home after the race.

They make great racing, are relatively cheap, but a lot of what they are is based on perceptions and half truths.