Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3011713)   #347
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
what would've your response been RogerH.. if you were in charged?

just curious
Good question - it is easy to criticise but not so easy to come up with the answers.

Anyway, I think the problem goes back to when MSNZ first decided to bail out TMC a few years ago and ended up with a controlling shareholding in exchange for their financial "assistance". In my mind MSNZ should never have become commercially involved in motorsport and all the current issues originate from this.

MSNZ have got so much invested in TMC (over $1m at last count) I think it influences decisions they make. Irrespective of whether the NZV8/MRX or SuperTourer factions are right or wrong, MSNZ should not be directly involved commercially. MSNZ can sell the rights to a commercial entity to run Tier 1 championship events but that should be the end of it. If the rights holder for Tier 1 fails then they would be in breach and MSNZ would be able to re-tender the rights to another party.

The problem we have now is that MSNZ members may be faced with putting good money after bad if NZV8/MRX fails. If I was MSNZ I would look to exit from a commercial involvement as a matter of principle and perhaps utilise the situation of TMC being unable to provide a championship grid in NZV8s as the breach (my understanding is the a MSNZ Championship requires a minimum of 15 entries at 75% of events in a Championship Series).

In any event, it has turned into a potentially sad time for NZ motorsport when the premier series splits and the parties on both sides can't sit down and put their egos away and sort something out - no one is going to win.