Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3011716)   #348
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Dixon and Murphy would be considered household names.. and no doubt Paddon and Van Gisbergen aren't that far away.. but i think the tag "star drivers" gets used too often in this case you could walk down any street in NZ and read out the names of the ST drivers and many people wouldn't know who they were so the pull of the "star drivers" might be a wee bit overrated. i guess that's why Murphy and Radisich are used so much to promote that series. personally i think the cars.. not the stars draw the crowds. the Central Muscle Cars have a decent following.. yet by your definition.. no stars odd that?
Maybe the difference between the cars being the stars and the drivers being the stars is something to do with the structure of the series. If the cars in a series are all different (like Central Muscle Cars) then they are the point of difference - therefore the cars are the stars. However, with NZV8 and SuperTourers the cars are effectively identical and so the point of difference is the drivers - hence the drivers are the stars.