View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2870221)   #1327
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
anyway........did anyone notice what the general smoke levels were when the R18 was running at the lemans test????......at sebring it was smoking quite noticably.......I notice an image showing the pugs were smoking a touch on the lemans test.......I also hear the R18 is belching a big chuff of black smoke when acellerating away from the lemans pits - just like sebring........I'm really interested to see what the ACO do if this happens in qualifying or the race, last year they turned a blind eye, but I cant imagine thats going to be acceptable for long as it blatantly breaks the rule of no visible exhaust fumes allowed.
Well when they were passing me at around 170mph-ish on the run down between Arnage and Porsche, there was no sign of any smoke being emitted at all. I saw more from the Pug than the Audi, and that was only the mildest of mists even then. So maybe any smoke was on acceleration rather than at speed.