View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2870456)   #1337
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Cool Info. The suspension bits intrigue me. I'm no expert in any of these fields, but are these suspensions anything like F1 cars? If so do you think any team would benefit from a pull-rod type suspension in the rear? If it's even possible? Sorry if OT.
I'd also like to know how much of F1 tech is usable for the suspension. For a start I know endurance cars actually rely on the suspension and not on the tires (like F1) to spring the car since tires have much less sidewall area and bigger - non-flexible - rims.
-Are Peugeot and Audi using flexures to attach the front wishbones to the tub? I know the MG-Lola was the first to do it but I'm pretty sure the current Lolas have gone back to a conventional solution. I don't remember them causing reliability concerns but they were probably high maintenance/expensive to replace.
-Would endurance cars benefit from the reduced weight/enhanced streamlining provided by composite wishbones? Would they last a 24h race?
-What kind of dampers are the 2 manufacturers using? Any of the recent tech from F1 like through-rod dampers and whatnot??
-What happened to the speculations of advanced damping and interlinked front/rear on the 908 from a few year ago? Would it be doable/workable on the current cars?