View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2989887)   #371
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Local entries and cars really need to be written into the regs for this race. There is no way you can rely solely on international entries for a race this far away from the centre of GT racing in Europe, especially given the possible lack of local GT3 cars entering the race.

What is 'production based' about VS Commodore's running around with a 4.2ltr carby V8s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats my guess-unless Phoenix are leaving a car here. Which begs the question will the ultra version be the one they are campaigning or the older LMS version? Probably wont know until just before the event.

As much as I have loved seeing Mal Rose and his Commodore at the Ring I personally dont want to see V8 Supercars in this race-thats the point of this race-its a race at Bathurst which doesnt have V8 Supercars, its a race for GT and 'Production' type cars (dont ask me why the Commodore Cup cars there-not my decision).

Im in two minds about having Mal Rose's V8, part of me thinks that if he can race in overseas race like Bathurst who run to the same rules then he should get a start but on the other hand I dont want V8 Supercars to be part of this race, Im hanging out for the GT cars.

You could make an exception for Mal but then a V8 Supercar team would probably want to enter with a VE (Im not joking I could seriously see it happening) and then that would kill the appeal of the race for me and I wouldnt be the only one with that mindset.
That's my belief, also. The event organisers have attempted to boost their local quota via both GT and touring entries. Unfortunately for Mal's *******ised creation, it falls outside the event's ethos. For reasons related to both the local market, and perceived professionalism.

There's no disputing the importance of local entries. It's a fine line, however. Inclusion of this specific car is not considered to be in the best interests of the event - likely for reasons highlighted above by Rich. The system isn't perfect. If the event is to expand in the direction organisers have chosen, decisions like this need to be made.

In regards to the R8; fairly sure AudiSport stated Phoenix would be running 2x 2012-spec R8 LMS. Since the Ultra is the 2012-spec variant, it seems likely they'll enter two of those.