View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2004, 06:35 (Ref:1145961)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its an Australian thing... some fans of the Ford marque believe the GT HO Falcon with the 351 cubic inch (or 5.8L) of ohv technology, drum brakes all round, and 12 slot rims, is the best car ever produced by the Ford Motor Company in Australia... if not the world.

The GT has a spec of engine, the HO has a spec of suspension tune.

They had different variations of engine and suspension tune in different "Phases", for the change in model between the XT & XY, the first being a Phase I, second Phase II, third a Phase III (the most revered from all accounts) while there is a Phase IV but the Supercar scare, and oil crisis of the early 1970's killed it... Each "Phase" had a higher level of go faster goodies, all designed to win the Bathurst 500 mile race each year..

35 years old cars defining a marque, and still lusted after.... with a motor manufacturer attempting to release new models of the same brand, but not the same raw speed...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods