View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:23 (Ref:2015890)   #22
Jim Gradel
Rookie

Jim Gradel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Engstrand you and I never met but my dad Russ did rent you a ride at Road America in 1988as you describe.

The car went fast after several updates over the 87 winter and spring of 88 after I won the CAT Rookie of the Year honors in 87. The changes we made were, changing to the wide track front suspension (thanks to Crawfords help locating them) softer springs, new Koni's, softer sway bars. We made these wholesale changes to make the car respond somewhat better than in my 87 rookie season all 8 tracks were on short tracks and it was a horrible car to drive as Roe and Crawford confirmed several times and they had full use of the ground effect tunnels which I did not with the flat bottom rule. Crawford told me to sell it in 86 before I turned a wheel, LOL. A piece of crap from a drivers perspective but still a rare classic race car. I owned chassis #1 & #3

(Jim, welcome! Since I have edited out the material that gave cause for your concern, I have similarly edited out your specific reference to it. Thanks also to Allen for drawing this issue to my attention -JT)

Last edited by John Turner; 18 Sep 2007 at 17:30.