Thread: Multi 21 Ricciardo vs Vettel 2014
View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3307598)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Vettel could get injured and his chances of being world champion would suddenly become realistic. Or more likely that's the best seat he can get even if he's playing second fiddle to Vettel.

It seems the team prefer Vettel, perhaps because just simply he's a better bet on the track and they've celebrated with him more. Webber is liked by DM. I'm talking here about subtle, implicit biases that stack up, no conspiracy or malevolence to undermine Webber neccesary. Also development processes over the years will tend to favour Vettel, again as he's the better bet so they'll take into account his preferences more than they might Webber when designing any new car so the car might suit him less and less and this disparity might become more slowly pronounced as the years go by. I think this is what happened to a degree at Mclaren with Coulthard gradually losing out over the years.