Thread: Multi 21 Ricciardo vs Vettel 2014
View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2013, 03:51 (Ref:3307946)   #58
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There has to be a reason that Vettel is so much faster than everyone at the moment. Things picked up with the recent tyre changes, so that seems to have helped him.

Perhaps Mark is too hard on the car, or Mark has to push it 110% to get the same speed that Vettel gets by going at 90%. It could be that if they only have two of one part then Vettel gets the better one due to his position in the championship but I doubt it would be often.

If the gap between Vettel and Mark was huge but the gap between the rest of the field and Vettel was small then I'd suggest Mark was slow. So I have to figure it is just because Vettel is fast and make a car that is built to the same regs go faster.

Being someone that watching cycling, there is always some scepticism though that the car has some 'performance enhancement' somewhere though...