Thread: Multi 21 Ricciardo vs Vettel 2014
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3310575)   #72
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
So, Giancarlo Minardi has found something that 10 other teams in F1 and VET's teammate were too blind to see? Those 10 other teams cry foul once a piece of dirt bounces the wrong way on another competitors front wing but they are not able to pick up TC on one (and only one) car? The FIA is too dumb to find a manipulation in the standard ECU?

I'd rather think that Minardi's most significant finding is that VET was much smoother in that sector. Being smoother allows you to step on te throttle earlier and thus get away quicker. Add to that by being smoother you are faster through a corner in general, you can pick up lots more time.

I wonder why today a 2.5s gap on a very long lap today always results in accusations of cheating, while the same gap over the direct teammate and reognized one of the best ever on the shortest lap in GP racing 25years ago was the best lap ever driven, "godlike". This in particular as Rosberg was suffering from tire wear and holding everyone else up, meaning the gap is larger than it should have been.
Good points!

It would seem that Seb has no business being as good as he is!

"I'd rather think that Minardi's most significant finding is that VET was much smoother in that sector. Being smoother allows you to step on te throttle earlier and thus get away quicker. Add to that by being smoother you are faster through a corner in general, you can pick up lots more time."
[Kempi]

My point in an earlier thread...

Vettel is the most precise driver I have ever seen!

... and I have been around a while now!