View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2011, 03:04 (Ref:2840873)   #63
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
So, Mark, DJJ, Biggy G etc, what happens when only 6-10 of these cars front up because of a supposed 'need to change'
From what i've read and heard about the series I don't think this is a possibility, we've just ticked over a year until round 1 and there is already significant interest.

And as for people complaing at the track, I dont think there is as much value in their opnion as there is from the punters that were coming to the track 5 to 6 years ago, but no longer are. Or big V8 Supercar fans that have never attended a NZV8 round. How bout we got out and ask them why they're not coming through the turnstiles, you've already got the $$$ from the people at the track.

The NZV8 series is out-dated to the general public and media. They want to see the FG's and VE's that are seen in Australia, hence the popularity of the NZV8's when the Supercars were running the same models.

You'd be naive to think the media wouldn't be interested in a series where they couldn't plaster "Murphy Wins" across the headlines too and when the media is interested, the sponsors are interested, and in turn that fills the grids and brings in the fans.