View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3344229)   #3195
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
At this point I'm kind of surprised that Lieb is part of the official lineup. As I've said before, he's mainly a GT guy and the fact that Manthey will be continuing into the 2014 season with two GTE-Pro cars would lead to him driving with Richard Lietz again but I'm sure they can find somebody else. Klaus Bachler maybe?

Nice to see all the drivers confirmed, nonetheless -- hopefully Lieb can translate his GT prowess into speed in prototypes.
It was reported a couple of months ago that his LMP1 drive was conditional on the base of his performance in private testing. So we can assume that he actually ended up as fast (or almost as fast) as his teammates. His engineering expertise is undeniable though and will be a big asset.