View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2024, 10:59 (Ref:4200332)   #4
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Let's face it the people that bring in a lot of these new rules have probably never driven thousands of miles for over 50 years and just sit on a computer to decide. While I am on here I hope that I am not the only person to be blinded by modern car lights at night ? I know that some people don't know how to dip their lights (or the auto dip is set wrong) and even if they do dip them they are still too bright or high or both. Yes I am a grumpy old fart !
Agree , a lot of the people who make the rules are clueless .
But it does get confusing .
A couple of years ago we had a motor go in for IVA testing . The bloke who took it in phoned from the ministry station saying the rules had been changed and now rear fog lights must be separately switched on each time and not come on again when the normal lights are switched on .I quickly made up a switching arrangement with a momentary switch and relay , took it to the test station , fitted it and the yester was happy and the motor passed .

We all know that people who leave their fog lights on are idiots , and that is a good idea that they do not stay on. But doing some checking afterwards we found out that the ministry station had got it all wrong and that was not the new rules .
So what chance do most people have in knowing what is what .