View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3163223)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Considering I am an old has been and was around in the glory days I seem to be in the moniroty in not minding the joker lap at all.

I think it might encourage a bit of damage at the release point but only in places like Belgium where both people can se each other and can make a decision to cause problems.

Peopel are wearing rose tints in here, how many races can you remember decided after the start in the times before joker lap? Pretty much the majority. If a guy gets a bvad startahd is miles quicker he is gonna pass those in front anyway, so I dont see the problem.

European rallycross has always been riddled with damage in all classes, it was far worse in the GpN days and stuff, so please dont say its any different now. I agree that the joker might give us more damage when really we need less, but it is oiften side panal stuff, not always bad damage.

I seriously dont mind it, it is often quite interesting to work out the tactics.

One thing I do totally disagree with is radios, totally pointless and defeats the object entirely, plus a needless cost. Ban radios, make the drivers the ones to decided when to joker and then fair enough.