Thread: ERC 2013
View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3112242)   #23
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am of the opinion that the ERC does need to change a little but this is not the way id do it! I can understand them wanting drivers to comit to a whole season rather than going off and doing other things but as already stated many are unsure about having a seasons budget in April let alone the previous October. Also theres no guarantee they will get the best 14 drivers, Foust for instance will no doubt favour the GRC if a round should clash so we could end up with a few team drivers plus a few well off "gentleman drivers".

Expecting the likes of Marklund and Bakkerud just to be able to walk into a big team is noncence and then theres the likes of Holte Bermingrud and Hundsbedt plus many others who have supported the ERC in the past, some for many years and may now find themeselves on the sidelines.

As a suggestion though of course no one ever listens to the fans why dont they have the 14 contracted drivers but be joined by 6 more who qualify from 3 rounds of heats. One heat on the saturday with the fastest 2 straight through to the main event then 2 more heats on the Sunday morning. This give the saturday crowd some supercar action and also give us a whole days racing on the sunday, those with a just a 2 hour concentration span could just turn up for the main televised event. Also it gives all drivers the chance to compete in the ERC (and maybe even cause an upset by going on a winning the main event and builds the weekend up to the main Sunday afternoon event with all the big names. Not an ideal situation I know but I think better than whats being mooted.

Last edited by chasing cars; 27 Jul 2012 at 17:13.