View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4139689)   #44
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
A new to TCR UK model of car is getting unveiled at Autosport International tomorrow morning at 11.

"We'll unveil a TCR model, brand new to TCR UK this year, tomorrow at the
@Autosport_Show
at 11am!

??Hall 2, Stand 2550"

https://twitter.com/TCRUK_series/sta...20831755780096

I wonder what it could be? Elantra? Civic FL5? MG? Lynk & Co?
Cars we have yet to see in UK

Hyundai Elantra, Lynk and Co 03, Peugeot 308 have raced internationally and are problem the more logical choice, that could be picked up on secodaary market

No offence to the guys racing in TCR UK but i would imagine very few cars that have raced were brand new from factory

Then we have the MG5, MG6, that has only been seen in Asia, MG sales in the UK are increasing in the UK, though those models are not available in the UK could MG have approached a team to run a car
Not suggesting a works team, but last Lewis Kent mentioned that Hyundai had approached him and asked him to run a Veloster and offered a favorite deal

Then we have the new Toyota Corrolla which seem unlikely as the builder has said that the first car in build are earmaked for South America

Fiat Tipo again seems unlikely would be bit of an outside choice

There is also the Lada Vesta which would mean buying from Russia which is probably out of the question

Then there is the Kia C'eed which exists, don't think any have raced for about 4 years i not sure how many actually

But someone did rock up the Subaru's this year