View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2007, 13:40 (Ref:2014570)   #291
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I understand that Jeremy,but is not the chassis number important to the cars history.I,ve just heard of a certain car in America that claims to be the one over here.This is not the first time this has happened,not just America[admittedly there does seem to be more from that side of the pond!] but also Japan.There was a case of a Lotus Elite only a short while ago.I know that a chassis plate is possibly the easiest part to replicate,but if there were some kind of control over them,surely this would not happen as offten as it does?
Yes Terry exactly but it is not the job of the ASN or FIA on a Technical Passport to be doing the research work to confirm chassis number. Technical passport is what it is -its about technical not the cars's history. If you or anyone wants a full History check done it costs and has liabilty issues hence the Heritage Certificate. There were too many cars which were blagged through with a fake number on the old HVIF for anyones comfort.Remember the papers are issued by ASN's -very often a school leaver who has no idea about history but can check dimensional stuff.