View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1441457)   #96
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxx
I take back any slight niggles I had with Sky ... thought the whole programme was really slick,
It was a much better programme this weekend - but only because they didn't try and do anything themselves, and filled with World Feed coverage for much longer.

Getting Lee McKenzie to pre-record some specific interviews just for Sky was a good touch - shame they ruined the illusion by saying she was live (both yesterday and today) and then showing the freeze on the end of the recording yesterday, and cutting to it before it had been rolled today.

Using a smaller studio this week worked though, as for the first time the three of them didn't look like they were too spread out.

Quote:
the graphics are much improved, studio folk are spot on (Andy Priaulx is such an articulate and very highly respected current racer himself, and I've always
liked Keith Hueuen
I really like Andy, but he is so wooden in front of camera. To be honest I think this is doing his image more harm than good.

The programme is far too reliant on Keith Huewen to hold it together, and if they are not careful, Sky's A1 coverage is going to be regarded as motorsport's equivalent of "John Barnes' Football Night".

It is telling that last Sunday (Lausitz) when it was Andy and Alex in the studio, it was Alex who was the confident one - if aliens had come down from outer space and seen that programme, without being able to understand what was being said, I am sure they would have thought Alex was the presenter.

It's almost lucky Alex wasn't racing in Germany, because if they had had Robbie in the studio it would have been painful.

Quote:
, and the link girl, whose name escapes me momentarily, is also great) ... and
That'll be Georgie Thompson. And you're a married man Mr Jinxx, so careful what you say.